Those parents who are not aware of this disease may be disturbed by the strange appearance of their child’s body. But the condition of the knee joints is supposed to be very common. Many children can develop this condition, but some may have a more noticeable appearance. It is even said that it is part of their normal growth and development.
Causes of blows to the knees.
The state can occur due to various events. For example, a malformation, an underlying congenital disease, or a health problem. Even this may be due to genetic disorders. However, many cases of this condition are considered harmless.
Causes of knock knees.
- A condition that can interfere with bone development in children. One of the main causes of rickets is vitamin D deficiency in the diet.
- If the child is overweight, you may be at risk of colliding with knee strikes. It is because an additional load is placed on the knees.
- If part of the growth of the tibia or femur is damaged, there may be a problem with an inward knee. Sometimes a physical injury can also be one of the causes of a creaky knee.
- There may be a risk of dislocation of the knees.
Some other causes of knee pain include arthritis, growth plate damage, benign bone tumors, kidney failure, or calcium deficiency.
Knocking knee symptoms
One of the most noticeable Knock Knee symptoms is when the knees come together, but the ankles stay apart. And those who suffer from this position may experience pain due to how they walk.
Other symptoms of knock knees:
- Pain in the hip, foot, or ankle
- Trouble walking or running
- Stiff or painful joints
- Instability in the knees
- Reduced range of motion in the hips.
- limp when walking
Knock Knee Treatment
If you see a specialist for knee problems, you may want to see a pediatric orthopedist. During the diagnosis, you can conduct an examination. Parents may need to expose the child’s medical history before the child. If the child is thought to be too young, such as 2 to 4 years old, is fine, and has both legs bent inward the same amount, they may not need to be examined.
Remember that a child with this condition but normal growth and development will outgrow it as one gets older. It is when there is constant pain and disability despite the underlying cause. A doctor may recommend exercises or weight loss programs to improve knee mobility in some cases.