Elevate your health and life by treating pain and injury most safely. Pain and injuries may be treated with therapies. Elevate Physio Balwyn provides the following treatments and therapies:
- Clinical Pilates
- Remedial Massage
- Dry Needling
Understanding the different therapies
- Physiotherapy. Physical therapy is performed by a physiotherapist. When you are recovering from a major injury or surgery, you may go through some treatment sessions for relieving pain restricting strength and mobility. Manual therapy uses a technique, using hands for manipulating, mobilizing, and massaging the body tissues.
Manual therapy provides the following benefits:
- Relieve stiffness and pain
- Enhance blood circulation
- Enhance the movement of various body parts
- Drain fluid efficiently from the body parts
- Promotes relaxation
If you have suffered a muscle injury, then a physiotherapist is the right professional to call. A physiotherapist comes with different types, such as a cardio-respiratory physiotherapist, orthopedic physiotherapist, orthopedic physiotherapist, sports injury therapist, neuro physiotherapist, and more. Factually, there are 21 types of physiotherapists specializing in different fields.
Physiotherapy promotes health and fitness. Aside from overcoming the pain, it also helps expand physical strength and avoid any dysfunction caused by an injury.
- Clinical Pilates. It is based on the first or original pilates method that was developed. It is a form of various exercises focusing on:
- Correct posture
- Core stability
The method is used for injury and surgery recovery. Strengthening the core muscles is one of the benefits of clinical pilates. Also, it stretches and tones the other muscle groups in improving the whole health and fitness. It aids in building up cardiovascular health to increase the overall fitness and endurance level.
- Remedial Massage. Complementary therapy for treating damage, tense, immobilized, or knotted muscles. The therapy is useful for several conditions affecting the bones, tendons, and muscles and to deal with various health problems. The therapy uses a wide range of techniques to address the following:
- Sports injuries
The techniques may include dry needling, myofascial release, deep-tissue massage, cupping, and trigger-point therapy. The massage has a little discomfort during and soreness after the therapy but is effective.
- Myotherapy. It is a method of muscle therapy that is focusing on the assessment, treatment, and rehabilitation of musculoskeletal pain and integrated pathologies. Myotherapy is a method of massage designed to prevent restricted joint movement and prevent soft tissue. It also involves a precise technique to improve the body’s musculoskeletal; system functioning for reducing stiffness and pain.
The myotherapist examines and manipulates the affected joints as well as the associated muscles, and then tests the reflexes. The first examination can be thorough and assist the myotherapist in finding out the symptoms are myofascial.
These are just a few of the therapies mentioned earlier, which you can use for the treatment of injury or surgery.